Friday, January 13, 2017

Week 1 Introduction

Hello Blogger!

My name is Erica. I'm an archaeologist originally from Bethlehem, PA and most recently from Virginia. I graduated from Oberlin College with a BA in Anthropology and have spent the past several years doing fieldwork full time. Now I'm taking a little break to pursue a GIS Certificate at University of West Florida, which will open doors to new opportunities both in and outside the field of archaeology. I hope to go on to a Master's degree in archaeology as well, but one thing at a time. I've done some GIS coursework in the past, but I'm excited to get back into it and learn more. I love maps, and I love the way new technologies are changing the way we analyze archaeological data.

Without further ado, here is the link to my first map assignment, an ESRI Story Map showing places I've lived: http://arcg.is/2jsNQhX.

No comments:

Post a Comment