Saturday, January 14, 2017

Week 1: ArcGIS Overview Lab

The first GIS assignment in our introductory course was an easy one designed to familiarize the class with the basics of working with data in ArcGIS. This lab was basically a review for me, as I worked with ArcGIS as an undergrad, but it's nice to have a little refresher since I've been away from it for a few years now, and nice to know that I am starting to remember what I learned now that I've seen the program again! (I'm actually a little annoyed that we didn't go into changing the settings for the legend and breaking up the population data in a way that makes more sense, but I know for anyone seeing ArcMap for the first time this week, this was probably already an overload of information.)

In any case, here is the map I produced following the lab instructions, which shows the countries of the world according to their population sizes--the darker the color, the higher the population (as of 2007, the data we were using).


No comments:

Post a Comment