Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Photo Interpretation and Remote Sensing Module 6

This week we started learning about image enhancements that can be used for things like reducing noise and atmospheric effects and emphasizing or de-emphasizing certain features or details. The lab assignment involved experimenting with a number of enhancement tools in both ERDAS Imagine and ArcMap. For the final deliverable, the goal was to minimize the striping (caused by a problem with the sensor) in a Landsat 7 image while preserving as much detail as possible. Here's my attempt:


I had a hard time with this because I don't feel like I understand enough about how to use the different filters to be able to approach a problem like this strategically--I was just sort of throwing options at the image hoping something would work, and not surprisingly I'm not very happy with the result. Hopefully we're going to continue working on how to properly apply image enhancements in the coming modules, now that we know the basics of how to use the tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment