Sunday, February 5, 2017

GIS Week 4: Map Sharing

In this week's GIS lab, we learned about different ways of sharing map data with others and the public. The assignment was to create a geocoded "Top 10" list (in the form of a table of addresses tied to a map layer of point features) that was saved/presented three different ways: as a publicly viewable webmap on the ArcGIS website, as a map package that can be shared to use within ArcGIS Desktop, and as a KMZ file for use with Google Earth.

My Top 10 list is simply a list of some of the breweries and wineries in the area of central Virginia where I lived until recently. I thought that was a fun subject, and my familiarity with the area made it easy for me to see that my data was geocoded and displayed correctly.

If you're interested, you can view my webmap here: http://arcg.is/2l7ulzx.

No comments:

Post a Comment